Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs
by: Inspired Life Fitness
| Nutrition, Recipes
| January 8, 2018
Makes 3 servings
One Leaner protein
2 ½ condiments
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-3/4 lbs skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 24 cherry tomatoes – total weight 3/4 pound
- 16 wooden skewers
- In a food processor pulse basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing.
- Combine the raw chicken with pesto and marinate a few hours in a bowl.
- Soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes (or use metal ones to avoid this step).
- Beginning and ending with chicken, thread chicken and tomatoes onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total.
- Heat the outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat until hot. Be sure the grates are clean and spray lightly with oil.
- Place the chicken on the hot grill and cook about 3-4 minutes; turn and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.